Dr Peter Fairbairn and Dr Stuart Kilner
Aims and Objectives:
- Understand osteoimmunology and its significance in oral implant osseointegration.
- Identify different host cell types and comprehend their responses to EthOss during osseointegration.
- Gain insights into the role of calcium sulphate and phosphate in influencing bone cells such as osteoclasts, osteoblasts, and mesenchymal stromal cells, contributing to a better understanding of bone formation and remodelling.
- Analyse research papers related to osteoimmunology, with a specific focus on oral implant osseointegration, staying informed about the latest scientific advancements in the field.
- Grasp the concept of osteoimmunology, understanding how immune responses and bone cells interact and how this knowledge can lead to improvements in implantology and osseointegration outcomes.